This traditional Lebanese salad gets a meal prep makeover by using cabbage as a base instead of romaine lettuce – so it’s sure to stay crunchy even days after you’ve prepared it. Be sure keep the dressing and pita croutons on the side until you’re ready to eat.
Looking for a gluten-free option? Try roasted sunflower seeds or chickpeas for all the crunch without the wheat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 people
½ cabbage, shredded
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 cup Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
6 radishes, thinly sliced
5 green onions, chopped
½ cup fresh mint, minced
½ cup fresh parsley, minced
Optional: 1 whole grain pita
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 clove garlic minced
1 Tbsp sumac
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
Salt to taste
- Toast pita in a 350-degree oven until hardened. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine all the remaining salad ingredients and toss until well combined. Divide into containers.
- In a jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Break toasted pita into crouton-sized pieces.
- Add dressing and pita croutons immediately before serving.
Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days.